03/03/2014 11:16, Jerry:
I see the recent postings about 2.1 in OS X but I still don't see any
(further) discussion of fixing the slow scrolling problem. I recall
that there had been some work on this but that it isn't ready for
releasing yet. For day-to-day use, this, in my opinion, is the single
most important thing that makes LyX less than a complete joy to use.

I noticed recently that if the pixmap cache is enabled _and_ if
force_paint_single_char is set to 0, scrolling speed is comparable to
that of other OS X programs. But of course force_paint_single_char to
0 causes a misplaced text cursor, and using the pixmap cache causes
text to rendered without subpixel antialiasing which to the Mac
user's eye results in faint, fuzzy text.

Will OS X scrolling be fixed in 2.1?

It will unfortunately not be fixed. I have a branch
(features/str-metrics) that contains code almost ready to be wildly
tested, but it has not landed to main git yet. This means that this is
2.2 material. We plan to make 2.2 happen earlier than usual, but we
never managed to honor such promises in the past.