On 11/03/2014 2:40 PM, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
Le 11/03/2014 10:10, Roy Xia a écrit :
In
that sense, there may need to be some judgement on which converter chain
to use if, for example, the search only results in two valid paths, one
with qualifier A but not B, and another with qualifier B but not A. All
said and done though I'm not an expert on the converters, so perhaps
someone could shed some light on other considerations or critique my
analysis of the task at hand.

I suspect indeed that there will be several possible paths. We need some
criterion to find the better path.

We may sort the desired qualifier according to user preference. For example, "Prefer vector format" would be a nice feature when converting figures.

As for dealing with the latex flavors, within the context of the
converter it seems they aren't used for much aside from generating log
and aux files--in fact, unless I missed something,

It is used to set the OutputParams::flavor vluae and they change the
content of the LaTeX file.

It also changes the output format of included figures according to the supported latex engine (e.g. eps for latex, jpg or pdf for pdflatex).

--
Julien