18/03/2014 12:56, Vincent van Ravesteijn:

I don't see the need for keeping the merges. However, I cannot access
the git repo right now.

I do not necessary want to keep them, I just do not want to have mix my commits with the stuff from master.

Is it possible to remove merges a posteriori?

Concerning what I pushed to str-metrics-test, there are still some commits that do unrelated things and should be split. But then I would need to reorder commits to squash ubparts where they belong.

Did you try to rebase onto master ?

rebase --onto is much too scary for me. I am not sure why/how I would use it.