Op 27 apr. 2014 21:22 schreef "Scott Kostyshak" <skost...@lyx.org>:

> On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 5:05 PM, Georg Baum
> <georg.b...@post.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:
>
> > The question is of course how to avoid such bugs in the future, and I
> > believe that we need automated lyx2lyx roundtrip tests: Such tests would
> > have found the problems.
>
> Do you have an idea for implementing these tests? It's not hard to
> create a bash script if you are on 2.1.x, that checks out the document
> files from master branch and replaces lib/{doc,template,examples}.
> Then the normal ctest should work. In fact I was planning to do this
> for the lyx-tester script I use. But that is a bit messy and relies on
> Git and I'm not sure it belongs in LyX's repo.
>
> Scott

The first problem is that the lyx2lyx code seems not always be tested by
the writer himself nor critically reviewed by anyone else. Not so long ago
we found a huge error in lyx2lyx that would corrupt any document that was
slightly more real-life than a minimal example. The code was completely
wrong and anyone could have seen that.

Especially the lyx2lyx code could be tested by unit tests. Each
convert/revert function should be accompanied by tests.

Vincent