On 28/04/14 08:10, Vincent van Ravesteijn wrote:
> > + ///
>
>     + Dialog * findOrBuild(std::string const & name, bool hide_it);
>
>      private:
>
>     - Dialog * findOrBuild(std::string const & name, bool hide_it);
>     - ///
>       Dialog * build(std::string const & name);
>
> Why ? Please respect if a function is private to keep it private. GuiView
> manages all dialogs, and widgets.
> Can't you use doShowDialog ? This avoids handling the focus yourself etc.

Don't know -- doShowDialog() won't return me the pointer I need from
GuiBuddies.cpp

    GuiChat *p_dlg = dynamic_cast<GuiChat *>(view_.findOrBuild("chat-bar",
false));

Perhaps going through view_.chatMessenger(), don't know, probably there are
other
ways to organize the relationship among these 3 classes.

    T.