Several months ago, in one of those tragic typing accidents, I
inserted a space into "rm -r *~" on my laptop.  I ceased using it
immediately, and eventually used dd and strings to strip
the hard drive, hoping to recover a half-written paper.

Nothing *should* have been written to the hard disk after the
castrophe, but I am finding two plain text versions, and no lyx files
of the paper.  The end of the longer paper may or may not be
truncated by a postscript file.

I suppose I could go ahead with just this, but does anyone have any
suggestions?  It seems to me that I *should* have a full dump of
any ascii, but I'm just not finding the lyx files--or *any* lyx
files, for that matter.

  grep -i "This..ile" xa* | grep -i creat

comes back with three hits, none of which are what I"m after.

rick