On Mon, Jan 22, 2001 at 04:46:03PM -0500, Lior Silberman wrote:

> You should alias rm to be 'rm -i'. This is possible on almost all shells.

Wherever I can use GNU-fileutils, I alias rm to 'rm -v'.  This
prevents one from having to confirm every single delete, while giving
you feedback on what's going on and simultaneously slowing down the
delete enought that you can abort a bad one.

--
John Weiss

"Not through coersion.  Not by force.  But by compassion.  By
affection.  And, a small fish."  -His Holiness, the 14th Dalai Lama