On 08/05/2014 11:45 AM, tesm...@gmail.com wrote:
Dear Richard,

I get the following error message while Lyx Reconfiguration:

The script '/usr/share/lyx/scriptes/TexFile.py' failed

Secondly, All the document classes are unavailable in my Lyx installation

I have Lyx 2.1.1 (July 2014 release) and have installed texlive-base, and texlive-extra

This sounds like a larger configuration issue.

Can you run LyX from a terminal and see what error messages you get when you try to reconfigure?

Richard

PS I'm cc'ing this back to the devel list. I expect we will need more help. Remember to reply to all when you do reply.