On 23/11/2014 22:21, Richard Heck wrote:
On 11/23/2014 02:38 PM, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
Le 23/11/2014 18:34, Abdelrazak Younes a écrit :
This string might be modified by some class in main thread while being
read at the same time by a buffer clone in the export thread. If the
memory reserved by basic-string is big enough we should be fine but if
not basic_string will allocate another chunk of memory and delete
previously used one. So, if this is really the culprit, 2 choices:
1) easy one: reserve some memory for babel_ in Langage ctor
(basic_string::reserve() should exist).
2) protect babel_ with a mutex.

This variable is normally not modified after startup. It is as const as can be.

Yes, that's what's so puzzling: This is only being read.

Then there is a good chance that Georg is fully right... But I still feel there's some other reason...

Abdel.