On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 7:57 PM, Enrico Forestieri <for...@lyx.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 08, 2015 at 01:44:01PM -0400, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 12:38 PM, Enrico Forestieri <for...@lyx.org> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hence, the right fix is defining \@doi through the \doi macro.
>> > ATM, the layout does not offer any way to do that and one has to insert
>> > this info in the preamble. A finer fix would be defining a DOI layout as
>> > done, for example, for CopyrightYear, Copyrightdata, and so on.
>>
>> Thanks for looking into this, Enrico. I added your suggested fix at 34eadf5d.
>
> However, I wonder what happens if one exports to a previous LyX format.
> Maybe some reversion routine converting the DOI layout to ERT has to be
> added to lyx_2_2.py? Or, maybe better, simply add a DOI layout definition
> to the local layout? Hmm... in this last case we would also need to remove
> the local DOI layout when reloading with 2.2. I'm sorry, but the finer
> solution seems also to be the most troublesome one...

Ah good point, I did not think of this. I unfortunately do not know
Python (this is on my TODO list to learn) so I could not work on the
lyx_2_2.py. Unless someone else is interested in working on the
lyx_2_2.py, I guess the only solution is to move the DOI directly to
the local layout; or use ERT.

Scott