On 08/19/2015 04:44 PM, Georg Baum wrote:
PhilipPirrip wrote:

Why does \input@path end with two slashes, as in
/home/user/directory//

IIRC this means that also sub directories are searched, but this should be
documented in some TeX or LaTeX docs.

and why is its output
"/home/user/dir ectory/"/
(note quotation marks, and two separate ending slashes) when the folder
name contains spaces?

Wiothout quotes only the part before the space would be used. I believe that
the second slash is not included in the quotes since it is only a special
marker (see above).

But one can always add the quotes, I assume, before using the command. You'll almost certainly have to add a file name at the end of the path, and then you're in trouble. Look at the answers here for removing the quotes: http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/259015/one-liner-for-removing-characters-from-a-string At least for biblatex (and biber), the path doesn't have to include any quotes.

As you already found out \input@path does not work in several cases,
therefore LyX changed to use TEXINPUTS. If biber does not work with either
mechanism then please report this to the biber people.

There are BIBINPUTS in that case, http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/67205/use-bibinputs-to-specify-other-location-for-bib-file so I still have to report to the LyX people (who did a great job otherwise)