On Tue, Oct 06, 2015 at 09:32:42PM +0000, Oliver Frolovs wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am testing LyX suitability for my thesis write-up,
> and I've come across an odd problem:
> the buttons in submenus on the maths toolbar
> are _mostly_ unclickable. By that I mean
> that the first row of the buttons in any given
> submenu on that palette does not work.
> It's hard to explain in words, so I have
>  recorded a short video showing what works
> and what does not: https://vimeo.com/141471729
>
> I'm running LyX Version 2.1.4 (24 July 2015)
> on OS X 10.11 (El Capitan).

Hi Ollie,

Thanks for reporting this. We've had a few similar reports, and they all
have said that the change happened once they upgraded to El Capitan. We
only have one developer on Mac (most use Linux) so it might take time to
get it fixed unless we receive a patch. I don't even know if we're sure
it's LyX's fault (as opposed to Qt or El Capitan).

I'm not sure if the following fixes this behavior or only fixes the
"cannot use pdflatex" on El Capitan:
https://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-users@lists.lyx.org/msg101934.html

Please let us know if you test that workaround.

I hope we can find a permanent fix soon.

Best,

Scott