Am 13.10.2015 um 16:43 schrieb Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <lasgout...@lyx.org>:

> Le 13/10/2015 12:32, Jerry a écrit :
>>
>> Another difference is that the cached bitmaps (second line) do not use
>> subpixel antialiasing, the rendering method on OS X. (There used to be a
>> website explaining how Woz did this on the Apple II.) I don't know if
>> this affects the metrics.
>
> Stephan, this is a part I will not be able to deal with.

I think it's the same effect, Zhexuan describes with "the font becomes very
thin and less pleasant to read on a retina display". This is a matter or
choosing an appropriate screen font. If the user wants a stronger one it should
be possible to switch to another font for on-screen rendering.

> But already we should be able to find out why the pixmaps are too short.

Yes hopefully, now I've tried 5.6.0-alpha Qt and it doesn't improve the
situation.

Stephan