On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 07:38:12PM +0100, Guillaume Munch wrote:
> Le 19/10/2015 19:12, Scott Kostyshak a écrit :
> >Many tex2lyx tests have started to fail (before it was just 4 and we
> >knew why and I think Günter's recent commit might have fixed them?). Now
> >14 are failing.
> >
> >Scott
> >

> I would have liked to help with tests, but when I tried to run "make
> alltests" before committing and tried to read various log files I could
> find, none contained useful informations. It was also before Günter's
> commits, so I assumed that it was normal that some failed. There really
> ought to be some documentation about tests.

Yes we need better documentation.

> Did I miss it?

There is some at lib/doc/Development.lyx

The tex2lyx tests are the most important and are also very fast to run.
We're still working on getting the export tests in shape and we do need
to document how to run them and how to interpret them.

> Anyway now I tried it again and before:
>
>   “Converting the following files failed: test.ltx, algo2e.tex,
> box-color-size-space-align.tex, CJK.tex, CJKutf8.tex, test-insets.tex,
> test-insets-basic.tex, test-memoir.tex, test-modules.tex,
> test-refstyle-theorems.tex, test-scr.tex, test-structure.tex, verbatim.tex,
> XeTeX-polyglossia.tex”
>
> I see lots of diffs of the form
>
>  #LyX file created by tex2lyx 2.2
> -\lyxformat 497
> +\lyxformat 498
>  \begin_document
>  \begin_header
>  \origin roundtrip
>
> and the commit ce933b1e14 has incremented the format to 498. Could that
> alone make the tests fail?

It could be. Please do not spend any time on this right now though.
Let's first see if Uwe has an idea of how to fix them.

Scott