On 2015-10-20, Georg Baum wrote:
> Guenter Milde wrote:

>> I updated the lyxformat number in the src/tex2lyx/test/*.lyx.lyx files and
>> now all tex2lyx tests pass here.

> Very good.

> Just to avoid future errors: I assume that you did check before that a
> simple update of the format number is OK, and that no tex2lyx source code
> changes are needed? How to do such checks in described in section 2.3 of
> Development.lyx, item 5.

Actually, no. (My aim was just to ensure the tests work again, not to make a
full review of the fileformat change.)

>From the posts in this thread, I realized that the version number was
changed without updating the reference files.

I run the tests and found that only the *.lyx.lyx reference files
produced errors, and the only difference was the version number.

Then I changed just the last digit of the number via a grep-replace in my
text editor. This is the method to fix false positives I am used to from my
work on test driven development of "Docutils". It ensures that no change can
go unnoticed.
I did not touch any files with LyX but also not use "make updatetests".

Finally I run "make alltests" in lyxbuild/src/tex2lyx and all tests passed.

@Uwe: could you please check, if the improvements that led to the file
      format change require changes in tex2lyx and either add a note to
      "src/tex2lyx/TODO.txt" if yes?

      In any case, it would be nice to have a minimal *.tex file using
      the new features so that it may be put in the test suite (or a
      related test case amended).

Günter