Guenter Milde wrote:

> On 2015-10-19, Uwe Stöhr wrote:
>
>> I don't understand what I made wrong. I only changed something in a
>> module and added a fileformat change for lyx2lyx. I did not change any
>> tex2lxy test file nor did I change tex2lyx code.

It is all documented in Development.lyx.

>> I also followed lib/doc/Development.lyx sec. 2.3. This references sec.
>> 3.2.2 and I tried that too, but this is not possible on my PC:

If a procedure that is documented to be required for certain changes does
not work, then I would expect every developer to ask on the list for help
_before submitting_ instead of ignoring the issue.

> If the hint that a fileformat change requires adapting the test examples
> is missing there, this is a documentation bug.

The hint is there, in section 2.3.

> In addition, adding the "change the fileformat numer for tests"
> requirement to Development.lyx would help prevent others to fall in this
> trap and frustration by others frentically trying to get the tests in
> shape before a release.

It is already in. The only thing which is indeed missing is a description
how running the tests and updating the test references works with MSVC.
Unfortunately I don't know that, otherwise I would have documented it.
Vincent, maybe you can find that out?

If you think that anything else is missing in the documentation of file
format changes or concerning the tex2lyx tests, then please tell what you'd
expect, and we can improve the docs.

Georg