Baruch> The attached patch brings InsetGraphics forward from the
Baruch> former patch by providing a much better auto-conversion
Baruch> mechanism.

Does it replace the former patch?

Baruch> Inline viewing is buggy, for some reason the image is not
Baruch> loaded, but it's getting closer now.

Baruch> Please let me know what you think of it, I'd like to commit it
Baruch> as it includes quite a bit of cruft removal which I'd like to
Baruch> go through with already (mostly removal of dead code).

The code seems reasonable to me, although I really do not like the
tricks used to include the LyXImage files.