Le 06/11/2015 03:16, Scott Kostyshak a écrit :
On Fri, Nov 06, 2015 at 02:32:13AM +0000, Guillaume Munch wrote:
Le 04/11/2015 17:16, PhilipPirrip a écrit :

I personally find this very annoying. As a user. It doesn't happen on
Linux, so I'm still good, but on Windows:
I tested the patch on Windows, no messages were shown if LyX was closed,
Windows Explorer window would just close upon the deletion of the temp
folder. But, if I had Acrobat Reader open with the document still loaded
in, two error messages would pop out giving me totally irrelevant
information... I press ok, and than what? LyX is going to close anyway,
should I look for the temp folder and delete it myself?

I also agree that it's better to replace the alert with a message on
stderr. I noticed that there are already similar messages on the
terminal when files cannot be removed.

Attached is a patch. Shall I commit it?

Although I personally like this (as I noted above), I think we should
get opinions from a couple of other LyX developers. From a quick search,
we have been giving a dialog for more than 10 years so there might be a
good reason for it.

Yes, the intention was to discuss it. The fix is trivial, it did not cost me any time doing it, so I'm okay if another solution is retained. So, any informed objection?