Le 06/11/2015 04:37, Pavel Sanda a écrit :
Guillaume Munch wrote:
express any intention. Your description gives the impression that if
your collaborator starts writing and they do not see that the changes
are not being tracked, then they will not know or care about enabling
change tracking, as if they had no clue, and this little button has to
be enabled for them without them to know about it... This seems a bit
far fetched to me.

It is actually were rare that I co-work with geeks and I am very
lucky if I have someone willing to open file in lyx, not to talk
about recognizing what various buttons on toolbar might mean.
If I set all things (e.g. set CT on) and ask just for simple editing
operations I have some chance to go with lyx...
I am not far fetching things but I understand that my experience is
actually hard to transmit if your usuall colleagues are computer
scientist in their 30s or similar.

Note: I am not minimizing your use case. I am only pointing out that
your description was not the best to illustrate your needs and the
reasons behind them. Please understand that it's not necessarily easier
on my side to handle needless merge or rebase conflicts, and my
co-authors are not all used to lyx and git. That conflict in particular
was pointed out to me by my co-author as being a bug in LyX after I
explained what had happened.

Guillaume