On 11/07/2015 12:36 AM, Vincent van Ravesteijn wrote:

> Democracy is not the point IMHO: The point is not to further delay the
> release. Implementing a small and safe file format change where everybody > agrees that it is useful does not produce a significant delay. Discussing a > controversal change where no easy solution is in sight has the potential of > delaying the release (at least if the possibility of implementing the change > before the release is seriously considered). Therefore I think that it is
> not the right time right now to have this discussion.

Is it really a file format change? If we do not change the physical appearance of the file format, and if we do not change the document output of a certain file, is it then still forbidden to change in a minor release?

Yes, it is a file format change. It means (say) that 2.2.2 files throw errors when they are read with 2.2.1.

Richard