On 11/07/2015 04:46 PM, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

Le 7 novembre 2015 02:02:27 GMT+01:00, Guillaume Munch <g...@lyx.org> a écrit :

Yes, I fully understand this point and I agree that a decision has to
be taken somehow quickly, this is why I brought the subject to the
list.
We are in the process of releasing alpha and this discussion is not
delaying alpha, so I believe it comes just in time for 2.2 given the
annoyance of the bug and the fact that it incurs a file format change.
Considering that this situation has been stable for the last 12 years, we could
also consider that the urgency of changing things just before a release is low,
especially since  the agreement on what we should do is weak.

Personally, I would prefer to keep it as it is but, as Pavel said, have a
setting for git-friendly workflow. This requires a bit of design, though.

Yes, it seems to me that there is no consensus here, and that anything sensible we could do would involve more changes than we want to make at this stage.

Richard