On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 1:02 PM, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes
<lasgout...@lyx.org> wrote:
> Le 10/11/2015 10:02, Vincent van Ravesteijn a écrit :
>>
>> At the moment you cannot use LyX with Qt4 because it cannot read svgz
>> files, and the code is not correctly falling back to png files.
>>
>> So yes, we need both, otherwise we will have to require newer versions of
>> Qt.
>

> My copy of lyx 2.2 with qt4.8 handles svg icons fine. Could it be a
> cmake/qt4 issue? (I have no idea how cmake checking works). The difference
> is only whether we link against QtSvg, I think.
>
> JMarc

That could be yes.

In any case, the logic is a bit strange. The icon names are defined
with the extension {png,svgz} so that any one matched, and getPixmap
checks whether the file can be loaded or not. However, iconName then
already decides on whether it is png or svgz just based on existence,
not on whether it can be loaded.

So, either we make QtSvg a "required" dependency, and cmake/autotools
should check for it, or we improve the logic to decide whether we lood
the png or svgz variant.

Vincent