On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 01:37:51PM +0100, Vincent van Ravesteijn wrote:

> So, either we make QtSvg a "required" dependency, and cmake/autotools
> should check for it, or we improve the logic to decide whether we lood
> the png or svgz variant.

It is not intended to work that way. If the svgz image is there, it is
not expected that Qt is not able to show it. The double entry are there
only to assure that if there is no svgz then the png can be used instead.
In this way, you are able to override the default icons by placing your
own in the ~/.lyx/images directory, even if they are pngs.

--
Enrico