Le 12/01/2016 20:28, Scott Kostyshak a écrit :

Can anyone +1 this issue as a beta blocker? I did not follow the
discussion closely.

I think this should be done before release. Does it mean that I have to make
it a beta blocker?

No. In my opinion, a beta blocker is something that falls into one of
the following categories:

(1) a fix for a bug that would be so annoying for the user that they
would not give beta1 a good test, and it might even scare them from
testing future pre-release versions of LyX.

(2) a fix that us developers can't test completely ourselves and we
would need a wider test base to be confident in a change before a
release with it. In this category I put Windows-specific and
Mac-specific bugs, for example. Also bugs that we weren't able to
reproduce ourselves (and thus we cannot check whether a fix really does
fix anything). I think removing the PNGs was a good example of this. I
would not have wanted to do that after beta. Thankfully one of our
alpha-testers, Andrew, caught a problem that occurs on Windows. I'm now
confident in the change and I'm glad we have it for 2.2.0.

(3) a bug fix that represents a big change and we are unsure of
possible unwanted consequences. We would not want to put this in a final
release directly.

Note that I just made up the above three categories. I would be
interested in your thoughts and the thoughts of others and would add
these to the release manager notes that I am collecting.

Not a beta blocker then.

Also, what is this timeout issue? Some people do not get new messages sent
to old threads?

I don't understand. Did I bring up the timeout issue? Which quoted text
are you referring to?

below

I looked at the thread (actually it timed out for me but I could
search the MID and found it on mail-archive here [1]).