Le 23/01/2016 03:40, Jean-Pierre Chrétien a écrit :

The reason is that I'm not through the update of fr.po for master, I have
yet to collect the changes I made to fr.po for branch since April 2015 (the
last time I synced 2.2. with 2.1) and insert them in 2.2.
Usually I do this using the diff-po.pl script available on trac. I remember
trying a merge of 2.1 into 2.2, but I thing the diff is a cleaner practice.

I do not know if there is a standard practice, using msgmerge I guess: if
so, I would expect the developers to apply it ans ask for update of the 2.2
po file.

Anyway, I will soon sync 2.1 into 2.2, before release of  beta of course (is
that still on February 7th ?).

Thanks for the info Jean-Pierre, good to know. I was assuming that the merge was done before starting the translations, so when I saw the update to fr.po on master I assumed that it had been forgotten. So this is entirely a false alarm.

It is also good to learn a bit more about the process, for instance I did not know that you made the merge yourself. This interests me in the perspective of the script I had written some time ago to replace "..." with proper ellipses, that needs to be run right after merge (but this will not be before 2.3). I will need to know exactly at which stage of the process do that.

Thank you for all your careful work on the French translation.

Lastly, Scott said that beta was going to be delayed, but I do not know how much.

Guillaume