On Sat, Feb 13, 2016 at 07:11:48PM +0100, Uwe Stöhr wrote:
> Am 13.02.2016 um 18:01 schrieb Scott Kostyshak:
>
> >Thanks for testing, Peter. I'll wait for a fix, and then I suppose we
> >move to beta3?
>
> Sorry, but why do we act like beginners?
>
> I wrote what is missing in the tarball. So why not add these files, send me
> the tarball by private mail to check and then announce a new beta

You are right that this is what I should have done for beta2. I will do
this now before releasing beta3. I'll build the tar and send it to you
privately. After you confirm that you can compile the Windows build from
only the tar, I will post the tar and push the git tag and git commits.

> I also
> don't understand why a change in a makefile to add missing files deserves a
> new beta release.

Because we changed the code. We want the betax tar to be the tar that is
produced from checking out the betax tag of git. Also, I uploaded the
tar so now we must make the assumption to be safe that it has been
picked up by others. We would not want two different betax tars floating
around.

Scott