On 2016-02-23, Georg Baum wrote:
> Guillaume Munch wrote:

>> Thank you for your taking time for making these points. So nobody seem
>> to agree that this is as low risk / high reward as Uwe thinks (I cannot
>> judge by myself since I am not familiar with this part of LyX; for
>> instance, I thought that this would provide also spell-checking and
>> support for multi-language documents). Maybe this is the reply that Uwe
>> was looking for.

> Yes, it is a prerequisite for spell checking (you also need dictionaries, I
> don't know if they exist for these languages). Multilanguage documents can
> be created with similar workarounds to the ones I mentioned.

Actually, it is quite a hard thing to manage languages "by hand", as LyX
automates most of the work. Multilanguage documents would require a babel
call for all languages in the user preamble and ERT for the language
switch.

OTOH, lib/languages can be copied to the user LyXdir and customized, so
experienced or adventurous users do not need to wait 2 years.

Günter