Am 22.03.2016 um 11:17 schrieb Stephan Witt <st.w...@gmx.net>:

> Am 22.03.2016 um 03:02 schrieb Joel Kulesza <jkule...@gmail.com>:
>>
>> On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 7:43 PM, Stephan Witt <st.w...@gmx.net> wrote:
>>
>> What I did is to create the symlinks in $QTDIR/include to point to the real
>> header locations.
>>
>> I've done the same, but unfortunately still cannot build with the same
>> error.  See updated ls -lR and config.log attached.  After making those
>> symlinks, is there another step necessary such as updating a file listing
>> cache?
>
> No, that’s not needed.
>
>> Per the config.log message, I tried setting
>>
>> export PKG_CONFIG_PATH='/sw/lib/qt5-mac/lib/pkgconfig'
>>
>> but that didn't help.  Perhaps this should be something else?
>
> I’ve learned to avoid pkg-config completely.
> The chance to fail is high for a mixed environment like we have on Mac.
> Therefore I’m building with "export PKG_CONFIG="
>
> Another thing: X11 is not useful and can be disabled with "--with-x=no"
>
> I’ve tried to compile a minimal Qt5 example file conftest.cpp and it worked
> with the -F switch in use. This switch is added by configure when pkg-config
> is not used.
>
> The two scripts I’ve attached. You have to adjust the QTDIR of course.
> If this works for you your Qt5 setup is ok.
>
> Next step is to try
> $ PKG_CONFIG= ./configure --with-x=no --with-qt-dir=/sw/lib/qt5-mac/
>
> Let’s see how it goes.
>
> Stephan
>
> PS. The scripts didn’t pass the security checks… Please get them here:
>
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27842660/conftest.zip

Meanwhile I tried the minimalistic approach to run configure, then make and
finally start lyx - and learned the produced binary isn’t usable outside
the app bundle and cannot be started from build directory. The attached patch
is improving the situation. You have run autogen.sh after applying the patch.

You may ask how I can create a working LyX.app. I’m using two scripts -
the 1st is part of the git checkout: development/LyX-Mac-binary-release.sh
the 2nd is holding my environment and is listed here:

=========
#!/bin/sh
ARCH=x86_64
QtVersion=5.6.0-rc
QtAPI=-cocoa
LyXSourceDir=lyx
LyXVersion=$(grep AC_INIT "${LyXSourceDir}"/configure.ac | cut -d, -f2 | tr -d
" ()")
CC=cc CXX="c++ -stdlib=libc++" \
QtConfigureOptions="-debug-and-release" QtAPI=${QtAPI} QtVersion=${QtVersion} \
PKG_CONFIG= sh ${MKFLAGS} ${LyXSourceDir}/development/LyX-Mac-binary-release.sh
\
   --with-macosx-target=10.8 --with-arch=${ARCH} \
   --with-qt-dir=/Users/Shared/LyX/qt-${QtVersion}-frameworks${QtAPI}-${ARCH} \
   "$@"
=========

The script LyX-Mac-binary-release.sh creates Qt-frameworks from source and
builds
the LyX application and then the disk image.

Stephan