> Am 22.03.2016 um 12:41 schrieb Joel Kulesza <jkule...@gmail.com>:
>
> On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 6:17 AM, Stephan Witt <st.w...@gmx.net> wrote:
>
> The two scripts I’ve attached. You have to adjust the QTDIR of course.
> If this works for you your Qt5 setup is ok.
>
> I can compile and execute the conftest.cpp file you provided when I change
> the QTDIR in the conftest.sh file you provided with no warnings/errors.
> However, when I launch, "nothing" happens, which I believe is correct
> behavior.

Yes, the question was: to compile or not to compile. :)

>  If I add a cout line, I see it.
>
> Next step is to try
> $ PKG_CONFIG= ./configure --with-x=no --with-qt-dir=/sw/lib/qt5-mac/
>
> I get the same error as before with the --with-x=no flag: configure: error:
> cannot compile a simple Qt executable. Check you have the right $QTDIR.

Interesting. My fault then.

> On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 6:23 AM, Stephan Witt <st.w...@gmx.net> wrote:
> Am 22.03.2016 um 11:18 schrieb Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <lasgout...@lyx.org>:
> >
> > Did you try the option --enable-qt5 ?
>
> This is not useful with Qt5-frameworks, IMO. The Qt5 library names
> are the same as the Qt4 counterparts. It’s simply ignored.
>

> When I try
> ./configure --with-qt-dir=/sw/lib/qt5-mac/ --enable-qt5
>
> the configure completes (see attached config.log).
>
> I then issued a 'make clean' (to clean up my previous efforts)

This would be better avoided by compiling LyX in a separate build directory.
You can simply remove it to start over. To do so you create a build directory
somewhere and start the configure script there with absolute path to your
LyX source checkout.

> and then a 'make' which completes without error and provides the executable
> 'lyx' in lyx/src.  Upon launching it directly, the icon set has clearly
> changed to what I've observed in distributed 2.2.0b2 version.

Cool. Yes, this is really good.

To help me understand the anatomy of your lyx binary - please tell me the
output of
$ otool -L src/lyx

> I created a simple test document.  The screen fonts all default to "Lucida
> Grande" (which is a sans serif font) which struck me as odd.

Yes, the defaults for Mac are defined in development/MacOSX/lyxrc.dist.in and
„unpacked“ at first configure run from the bundled LyX.app.
You have to adjust all platform specific settings manually when executing the
pure binary from command line.

>  However, they appear as crisp as I would expect from a Retina interface.
> Regardless, I can change the screen serif font manually to "Times" and it
> appears properly.  Whether the screen font is changed, the document renders
> properly (as it should).
>
> See screen shots:
>
> http://i.imgur.com/O2h3GNy.png
> http://i.imgur.com/VavLRfT.png
>
> My thanks for the help with resolving the flags/paths necessary to allow me
> to compile!

Thank you too. I’d definitively be lost when trying to update the INSTALL doc
for fink-based
build environment.

> Now I can better contribute to discussions on cross-reference crashes, table
> borders, etc.

Stephan