Am 27.03.2016 um 21:33 schrieb Uwe Stöhr:
Am 19.03.2016 um 08:18 schrieb Scott Kostyshak:

Uwe, are you OK with shipping the official RC1 with 5.5.1 and MSVC 2010?
 From what I understand, that's the recommendation of Georg and Peter and
it seems like the safest approach.

This is not fine with me. My spare time is limited and I need to minimize the
time to support LyX. With Qt 5.6 I can rely on a long term support. I already
benefited from this with Qt 4.8.

I have been busy the last days but meanwhile used LyX 2.2git intensively for 2
documentation projects with success. I used the Qt 5.6/MSVC2015 build and it is
is faster than the Qt 5.5.1/MSVC 2010 build. I did not experience any
regressions between both builds.

So all I need is the patch from Peter in master and then I am ready for LyX
2.2RC1. Please note that the patch does not destroy anything, I applied it for
all builds and I cannot see a problem.

I've commited the change.

So once again, please release RC1. I don't see why we should wait any longer.

regards Uwe