On 04/19/2016 05:41 PM, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 11:19:15PM +0200, Kornel Benko wrote:
>> Am Dienstag, 19. April 2016 um 17:01:58, schrieb Richard Heck
>> <rgh...@lyx.org>
>>>
>>> Note that nothing goes to 2.2.x-staging that is not in 2.3-staging. This
>>> is the same as usual procedure: Commit to master, then ask if it's ok to
>>> commit to 2.1.x. It's just that 2.3-staging is playing the role of
>>> master now and 2.2.x-staging is playing the role of 2.1.x.
>> I understood it from your other mail. BUT if  2.3-staging  is playing the
>> role of master, why not use master
>> and get rid of this 2.3-staging? What is the role of master now? Being
>> closed (which it is not because there are
>> commits! E.g. c46d5cc) is not very satisfying.
> The role of master is 2.2.0. It is not 100% closed (if it were then
> 2.2.0 would be released). It is open for critical patches.

And for stuff like translations, which is what c46d5cc was, from Uwe.

In any event, this question isn't really relevant at this point. We all
agree that we could have branched 2.2.x now, but it was decided not to
do that until after 2.2.0 is released. This is Scott's call, and if
that's what makes him most comfortable, it's good by me. He's got enough
else to worry about. Since we didn't do that, we have a simple choice:
Either we have a 2.3-staging branch or we stop development until 2.2.0
is released. It seems an easy choice.

This is no different from what we did last time, except the
2.2.x-staging branch got created at the same time as 2.3-staging. Last