Den 04. mai 2016 19:54, skrev Scott Kostyshak:
On Wed, May 04, 2016 at 06:55:06PM +0200, Helge Hafting wrote:

Den 04. mai 2016 18:42, skrev Helge Hafting:
I am not sure if this has any ill effects, but it doesn't look good.
Actually, I found this after noticing that spell checking does not work in
2.2-rc1. Spellchecking works in LyX 2.1.4, so my machine has the necessary
spellchecking software. But 2.2-rc1 does not use it automatically.
This might be a separate issue. What distro do you use? Can you please
give more details regarding "does not work" ? Do you get an error
message?
I use arch linux, 64-bit.
Installed pythons:
$ python --version
Python 3.5.1
$ python2 --version
Python 2.7.11

If LyX does not like python3, then python2 is available here. But it is not the default python, if you simply say "python", then python3 will answer the call.

LyX 2.2-rc1, installed with "make install":
When I press F7 for spellchecking, I get a dialog labeled "Spell Checker", with the message "Spell checker has no dictionaries". The spell checking preference was set to aspell, I changed it to "hunspell" to match 2.1.4, but that made no difference. Same message. Then I ran "reconfigure" to see what it found, and noticed the error message from the script.

With LyX 2.1.4 from Arch, the wrong words are already underlined with red. And pressing F7 brings up the spell checker dialog and offers alternatives for the first wrong word. The spellchecking preference was set to hunspell.

Helge Hafting