Den 09. mai 2016 15:36, skrev Stephan Witt:
Am 09.05.2016 um 15:14 schrieb Helge Hafting <helge.haft...@ntnu.no>:
Den 09. mai 2016 12:33, skrev Stephan Witt:
Am 09.05.2016 um 11:39 schrieb Helge Hafting <helge.haft...@ntnu.no>:
Also, the spell checker work if I set the preference to 'Aspell' or 'Enchant'.
Using 'Hunspell',
I still get 'The spell checker has no dictionaries', but one working
spellchecker is enough for me.
Were are the dictionaries on your system? If it’s some standard it should be
found by LyX.
Perhaps I can add the arch linux path names to the list of well known
directories.
The hunspell dictionaries are in /usr/share/hunspell/ on my system.
For example, nb_NO.aff and nb_NO.dic for spellchecking Norwegian.
This is a known path name. Possibly the dictionaries are not acceptable.

Please, configure hunspell, restart LyX, enable file related messages and start
spell check.
The log messages contains the directories where the lookup happens and the
language.
I think I found it. No need to configure hunspell (hunspell on its own works fine for text files, and lyx 2.1.4 is able to use hunspell correctly.)

LyX 2.2.0-rc1:
$ LANG=C lyx-2.2.0dev -dbg files
... lots of logging ...
... press F7:
HunspellChecker.cpp (176): check hunspell path: /home/helgehaf/.lyx-2.2.0dev/dicts for language norsk HunspellChecker.cpp (176): check hunspell path: /usr/local/share/lyx-2.2.0dev/dicts for language norsk HunspellChecker.cpp (176): check hunspell path: /usr/share/myspell/dicts for language norsk HunspellChecker.cpp (176): check hunspell path: /usr/share/hunspell/dicts for language norsk

And here we see the problem. The files are not in a subdirectory "dicts/", they are in /usr/share/hunspell/ which is not checked.

LyX 2.1.4 (from Arch linux) which works:
$ lyx -dbg files
... lots of logging ...
... press F7:
HunspellChecker.cpp (174): check hunspell path: /usr/share/hunspell for language norsk
HunspellChecker.cpp (179):   found /usr/share/hunspell/nb_NO
HunspellChecker.cpp (230): Hunspell speller for langage 0x2fff490 at /usr/share/hunspell/nb_NO.dic found PersonalWordList.cpp (54): load personal dictionary from: /home/helgehaf/.lyx/pwl_norsk.dict
PersonalWordList.cpp (69): valid dictionary file found: 360 items.

Helge Hafting