Uwe and Georg have recently found and fixed a bug in our internal XHTML
export. Why not test the export automatically?

These tests would be fast (compared to the LaTeX compilation tests we
have). I think our current XHTML tests just check that the exit code is
zero. We can extend these tests to work as follows:

1. Export to .xhtml and check the exit code.
2. Check the terminal output from LyX (I think we do this for other tests, such
as the lyx2lyx tests).
3. Use xmllint or something similar and check exit code.

I know nothing about XHTML. Does anyone have experience with xmllint or
any other tool? The only other tool I saw mentioned when searching is
XMLStarlet. If someone does have experience, which tool do you
recommend? Also, I'd be curious which options you think should be used.
It seems to me that we would not want a very strict validation, and
basically want to check whether the file is expected to open in a
webbrowser without parser errors.

Scott