I inadvertently tried exporting a compressed 2.2 file to 2.1.4. It was not recognised by 2.1.4. When I try exporting an empty 2.2 compressed file, it too isn't recognized by 2.1.4, so clearly this is not an allowed mode of export. However I can't see anything saying that this won't work in the documentation, and I wonder if it *should* be possible -- uncompress in the background and then export that? (I have a number of older files saved in compressed format which I'm looking at in 2.2 and saving, but also exporting to 2.1 format to retain a copy I can work on in 2.1.4.)

Andrew

---