On 06/03/2016 04:28 PM, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 03, 2016 at 09:38:09PM +0200, Kornel Benko wrote:
>> Am Freitag, 3. Juni 2016 um 12:42:33, schrieb Richard Heck <rgh...@lyx.org>
>>> I guess maybe there is a question worth discussing here about how many
>>> of us understand cmake well enough to modify the build scripts when that
>>> needs doing. My sense is that the answer is "one",
> I also think this is and important question.
>
>> In alphabetical order:
>> Georg
>> Peter
>> Scott
>> Vincent
> I do not know CMake well. I suppose I do know enough to make minor
> modifications. I've been learning from Kornel and would put more effort
> into it if we did decide to move to CMake for our official builds. But
> the point remains that at least in the short-run I think we would depend
> a lot on one or two developers that have a lot of CMake experience.

It may be then that things are better than it seemed. But Vincent isn't
really active nowadays, and I'd like to hear from Georg. From what I've
seen on the list, he hasn't always seemed completely comfortable,
either, though it's true he does post some patches to the cmake stuff,
and of course he can learn.

That said, it's possible this is actually better than with autotools.

Richard