Guillaume Munch wrote:

> Le 11/06/2016 03:00, Scott Kostyshak a écrit :
>> -- Using GCC version 4.2.1
>> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:267 (message):
>>    gcc >= 4.3 is required.
>
>  From INSTALL:
>
>    First of all, you will need a recent C++ compiler, where recent means
>    that the compilers are close to C++11 standard conforming like gcc (at
>    least 4.3) or clang.
>
> I do not know clang, but I am surprised, gcc 4.2 is very old. I
> requested to drop gcc 4.6 in a recent message.

>From config/lyxinclude.m4:

dnl clang++ pretends to be g++ 4.2.1; this is not useful

This is the reason why the version test now fails.

I forgot to test cmake+clang when requiring a C++11 compiler.
clang+autotools work fine. This is beyond my cmake knowledge. Kornel, do you
have an idea how to fix this? autotools detect clang and then ignore the gcc
version, see LYX_PROG_CLANG and the line I quoted (both from
config/lyxinclude.m4).

Georg