Hi,

I'd like to compile LyX on my Win7 machine. However, I get errors when I try to compile LyX even though I tried to follow the instruction step by step. Maybe someone can help:

Compiling with Microsoft Visual C++
===================================

        These instructions assume the LyX source code is in C:\LyX\lyx-21
        You can also use another directory if you prefer.

1       Install MSVC 2010

        If you don't have Visual C++ 2010 installed, get the free Express
edition from
        http://www.microsoft.com/express/Downloads/

        (All dependencies are linked against the MSVC 2010 runtime and won't
work in
        combination with MSVC 2008. You'll get crashes and other unexpected
issues.)

I got MSVC 2015.

2       Install Qt

        Download the latest Qt for Open Source C++ development on Windows
(VS2010)
        from http://qt-project.org/downloads

I got Qt 5.7.

3       Install Python

        Install the latest Python 2.x version (not Python 3.x !) from
        http://www.python.org/download/

I got Phython 2.7.11 (64/Bit)

4       Install CMake

        Install the latest CMake from http://www.cmake.org

I got CMake 3.5.2.

5       Configure

        - Run the CMake GUI.

        - Set the source code path to C:\LyX\lyx-21
          Set the build path to C:\LyX\lyx-21-build

Source code: C:/Users/Daniel/LyX/LyX22
Build: C:/Users/Daniel/LyX/LyX22-Build

          Click Configure

Click on Configure informs me that the build directory does not exist. Creating.

          and set the generator to Visual Studio 10.

Done.

        - Enable LYX_DEPENDENCIES_DOWNLOAD and click Configure.

Where? I don't see such an option. I am still in the CMakeSetup dialog. Click "Finish" first? Doing.

Error message: "Error in configuring process, project files may be invalid."

From the log:
------
TOP_SRC_DIR = C:/Users/Daniel/LyX/LyX22

Building out-of-source
The C compiler identification is unknown
The CXX compiler identification is unknown
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:76 (project):
  No CMAKE_C_COMPILER could be found.

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:76 (project):
  No CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER could be found.

Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "C:/Users/Daniel/LyX/LyX22-build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "C:/Users/Daniel/LyX/LyX22-build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".
------

Still no "LYX_DEPENDENCIES_DOWNLOAD" option. Only a list with many "CMAKE_..." entries.

          Pre-compiled dependencies will automatically be downloaded.

I don't think so...

        - Set QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE to e.g.
          C:\Qt\qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.4\bin\qmake.exe
          and Configure again.

Don't have that option either.

        - Enable the LYX_INSTALL option, set CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX to
          C:\LyX\lyx-21-install and click Configure.

No LYX_INSTALL option either. Setting CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX C:/Users/Daniel/LyX/LyX22-install.

Clicking Configure.

Same error message as before: "Error in configuring process, project files may be invalid."

        - Check the Advanced checkbox.

Is already checked.

          Set GETTEXT_MSGFMT_EXECUTABLE to
          C:\LyX\lyx-21-build\msvc2010-deps\deps20\gettext-tools\msgfmt.exe,
          and do the same for the other gettext tools.

Don't have any of these options.

        - Click Generate.

Clicking.

Same error message as before: "Error in configuring process, project files may be invalid."