racoon wrote:

> Thanks for the sustained support!

You are welcome! I do it because building LyX on windows should be as easy
as it is on unix. Unfortunately this is not yet the case, and your help in
trying out different tests is appreciated as well.

> On 21.06.2016 22:02, Georg Baum wrote:
>> The standalone SDK should be installed below C:\Program Files\Microsoft
>> SDKs\ or C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\. If there is nothing below
>> one of these folders then it is probably not installed.
>
> Have the C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\ folder with content.
>
>> Unfortunately the SDK stuff is quite confusing. Sometimes the SDK is
>> included with MSVC, sometimes you need a standalone version. After some
>> googling it looks like MSVC 2015 comes with a newer SDK that should be
>> used, but the installion is optional. Some more things you could try:
>>
>> - Make sure the MSVC included SDK is installed, as described at
>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/31619296/cmake-does-not-find-visual-c-compiler.
>> Then create the MSVC project files with cmake again.
>
> Tried (but also had the cl.exe before). Did not help.
>
>> - In contrast to my earlier advice, select MSVC 2010 in cmake as
>> generator, and have MSVC convert the projects during loading (this would
>> help in case there is a MSVC 2015 related bug in cmake).
>
> Still same error.

Sorry, then I am out of ides for now. Kornel sent a message in another
thread pointing to
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.programming.tools.cmake.user/55645. Did
you see it? Maybe asking on the cmake list gets some usable answers.

You could also send me (privately please) the file C:\Program Files
(x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Platforms\Win32\PlatformToolsets\v140\Toolset.targets,

maybe I have then an idea about possible causes for the error message you
are seeing.

Georg