On 05.07.2016 21:46, Georg Baum wrote:
racoon wrote:

On 04.07.2016 09:11, racoon wrote:
"Compile the INSTALL project to get a LyX installation in
C:\LyX\lyx-23-install"

I guess it means opening "INSTALL.vcxproj" and STRG-F5. Getting

"Build: 14 succeeded, 12 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped"

Congratulations! You are almost there!

Can't run because of errors.

... And here are the errors from Visual Studio:

----

1>------ Build started: Project: lyx_version, Configuration: Debug Win32
------
2>------ Build started: Project: translations, Configuration: Debug
Win32 ------
3>------ Build started: Project: check_ExternalTransforms,
Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>  -- Git-hash = 6dfc255
1>  -- Created C:/LyX/lyx-23-build/lyx_date.tmp
1>  -- Created C:/LyX/lyx-23-build/lyx_commit_hash.tmp
4>------ Build started: Project: LyX (applications\LyX\LyX),
Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
3>Qt5Cored.lib(Qt5Cored.dll) : fatal error LNK1112: module machine type
'x64' conflicts with target machine type 'X86'

You have a 64bit qt, but told cmake to create a 32bit target. You can either
download a 32bit qt, or use the "Visual Studio 14 2015 Win64" generator in
cmake instead of "Visual Studio 14 2015".

I am currently very busy, but I will look at your other reports in a few
days, update the build instructions and may come back to you with questions.

Okay. The qt online installer did not download the x86 versions by default. So I unchecked the x64 ones and added the x86 5.6.1 instead.

Unfortunately, cmake.exe crashes while compiling... Maybe some setting was not correct in cmake because of the errors it generated?

Don't worry about delays. I have to do other things as well.

Daniel