Am Sonntag, 10. Juli 2016 um 11:53:37, schrieb Enrico Forestieri
<for...@lyx.org>
> On Sun, Jul 10, 2016 at 10:47:08AM +0200, Kornel Benko wrote:
>
> > Am Samstag, 9. Juli 2016 um 21:26:51, schrieb Enrico Forestieri
> > <for...@lyx.org>
> > > A more safe approach is based on looking at QtCore/qconfig.h, which
> > > directly tells you what is the default backend. Indeed it contains
> > > #define QT_QPA_DEFAULT_PLATFORM_NAME "xcb"
> > > if X11 is the backend.
> >
> > OK, next try.
>
> I suggest that I commit the previous patch you posted and then you
> can start from there.

Please no. I am convinced now that you were right about QPA_XCB, so I am not
happy to commit
something which is worse than I already have.

> As regards the name of variables, I suggest
> that you simply rename QT_USES_X11 as HAVE_QT5_X11_EXTRAS, because
> that is what really that test is for. If you need to use QT_USES_X11
> somewhere else, it should be set to true if QPA_XCB is true, because
> that is what really guarantees that X11 is the default backend.

I need QT_USES_X11 for creation of xvkbd.
In QT4 we use QT_USES_X11 too, so renaming is not so good idea.

        Kornel