On 07/12/2016 07:07 PM, Uwe Stöhr wrote:
> Am 12.07.2016 um 15:56 schrieb Guillaume Munch:
>
>>     Add a new checkbox "Save transient properties" to the "Output"
>> panel in the
>>     document properties dialog (now renamed as "Format").
>
> Why was this change allowed for 2.2.1? Richard just asked the
> translators to do their work and now you are renaming and adding even
> a new feature.

I approved this. It was discusssed for a very long time, and it seemed
worth having it in 2.2.1. I'm guessing 2.2.2 may take rather longer, and
this is a feature many people who use version control really need.
Regarding the translations, I had meant to remerge strings immediately
after the commit but forgot.

> There is also no description of what this option does in the UserGuide
> section B.

This can be added.

> I could not follow the development the last days but I am opposed in
> renaming the document setting section "Output" to "Format". This
> section is about the output as the UserGuides also explains well:
>
> "Here you can define some output specifics for the current document:..."
> * Default Output Format:
> * Synchronize with Output
> * XHTML Output Options
>
> Therefore please revert the renaming and use change tracking to
> describe the new document settings option.

This was discussed on the list, and no one objected, so far as I'm
aware. It's difficult to know where to put this option, and the Output
pane is a bit of grab-bag.

Richard