Am 23.07.2016 um 19:01 schrieb Richard Heck:

The polib python module is not being found. You could try installing it.

I see but I have Python 2.7.12 installed and there is no such module. So from where should I get this? Why do we require modules that are not part of the standard python installation?
Why is this not mentioned in our install instructions?

But the layout translations are not meant to be re-generated during
minor releases.
See the comment in lyx_pot.py. So I'm not sure why this is happening.

This only happened because I explicitly started this. Maybe this has nothing to do with the problems I had, but I wanted to report the error since afterwards I could compile LyX as usual (yes, there layouttranslations is not called).

regards Uwe