Pavel Sanda wrote:

> Kornel Benko wrote:
>> This is a consequence of your previous mail stating
>> 1>  ImportError: No module named polib
>>
>> Surprisingly I get this error also in the 2.2.x branch. (I will open a
>> bug report for this.)
>> The wrong part was that cmake didn't care about the failed command.
>
> Kornel, polib should not be ever needed by Uwe,

This is not true, Uwe remerges strings from time to time, and then this is
needed.

> in fact if it's
> silently called to rebuild translations, it violates format freeze
> for the branch. If released with installer, windows version will
> produce different pdfs than other archs.

> Can you please disable _any_ automatic call in cmake?
> It should be called only manually and intentionally.

AFAIK there is no automatic call. On unix, cmake produces a Makefile target
update-po for remerging strings. The equivalent on windows is a MSVC project
update-po (or similar, don't know the exact name). If you do not call 'make
update-po' on unix and do not click on 'build' in the MSVC project update-po
then nothing is updated.

However, the problem now is that cmake already checks for polib in all
cases, even if I do not want to do anything with the translations. There are
two solutions:

1) introduce yet another cmake option that enables/disables all translation
targets, and check for polib only if these targets are enabled

2) make sure that the missing polib causes a build failure when actually
running a script that needs polib, and turn the global polib check from an
error into an info message that tells that translations target won't work.

I would prefer 2), introducing another option simply to be able to issue an
error does not look very user friendly to me.

Georg