On Sat, Aug 06, 2016 at 09:02:25PM +0100, José Abílio Matos wrote:

> Yet for me a browser is a read-only process where I am a consumer
> while with
> lyx is a write process where I am a producer/maker. That is to say
> that
> mentally that analogy is not obvious. I would not expect for lyx to
> behave
> like a browser.

I agree that the analogy is not a perfect one and the differences are
important. But I think for some things the analogy is close enough. For
example: GNOME Terminal, Nautilus, and Chromium are quite different
applications, but ctrl+page-up cycles through tabs on all three.

> I want to reinforce your analysis that it is not intuitive to open an
> included
> file opening the inset. Actually now that I think of it the file is
> also
> available through View->Hidden but in this context that operation is
> also
> cumbersome.

True, and another possibility to make things easier would be to put the
cursor before the inset and use a keyboard shortcut. But I actually find
right-clicking and going to edit to be the easiest of the current
alternatives.

In any case, I do not plan to proceed. There doesn't seem to be much
excitement. And even for the middle-click close of a tab there was some
resistance (on lyx-users). I think there would be even more resistance
for this.

> This is IMHO, of course. :-)

Mine is only IMO :)

Thanks for the feedback, José.