On Sat, Aug 20, 2016 at 04:17:31PM +0200, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
> My view on this: it is fine as long as it is some standard "edit" gesture
> that can be used for graphics and external inserts too.

OK and for insets that do not have an edit operation we just do nothing.

I tried to think of another general operation that maybe middle-click
could be used for. We could use it to open the inset settings dialog,
but this in my opinion would be inconsistent with browsers and
left-click already opens settings of non-collapsible insets. Other than
settings, I cannot think of anything.

Scott