On 20.10.2016 19:29, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
2/ I can provide you with methods MetricsInfo:::textToInsetOffset and
MetricsInfo::textToInsetInnerOffset  that returns the pixel values
equivalent to 0.3em and 0.15em (according to your changes).

In the second case, the spacing will be larger when the font is larger,
for example in a section title. I think that this makes sense. Anyway,
the idea is to provide a method that gives a directly usable pixel amount.

Hi JMarc,

I could make use of an em to pixel conversion for another ticket:

www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/9376#comment:9

I am using

Length(lyxrc.full_screen_width, Length::EM).inPixels(0)

I thought this gets me from em to pixel. But it seems not to give the right result: with fixed text-width set in preferences the text still wraps differently depending on zoom.

Daniel