On 2017-01-22, Stephan Witt wrote:
> Am 11.01.2017 um 21:57 schrieb Guenter Milde <mi...@users.sf.net>:

>> I added some X-Apps just behind their anchestors (GNOME equivalents) to
>> configure.py.

> What if some command in this list does different things on different
> platforms?

In case of a program name belonging to some out-of-scope program on a
platform, we have to refine the checks:

* placing a "catchall" for the platform in question before the false
  friend, or
* adding a platform check to the configure script and use different lists.

> ATM, the command xed on Mac is presumable comparable with xed on Linux.
> It’s the Xcode editor (from the man page: The xed tool launches the
> Xcode application and opens the given documents, or opens a new
> untitled document, optionally with the contents of standard in).

Fortunately, this seems still a good choice to have a look at text files and
LaTeX sources. If there is a better (or more obvious) choice for the Mac, we
can insert it at an earlier location (after checking it does not interfere with
other plattforms;)

Thanks,

Günter