On 2017-02-15, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 10:34:25PM +0100, Günter Milde wrote:
>> commit b863fb0723104bf702e4b4d8b967a7ce0c2255b5
>> Author: Günter Milde <mi...@lyx.org>
>> Date:   Tue Feb 14 22:31:12 2017 +0100

>>     ctests: update inversion patterns.

>>     The new TeXLive uses font encoding TU for Unicode fonts with Xe- and
>> LuaTeX.
>>     The command \textquotedbl for straight quotes is no longer supported,
>>     \textipa no longer supported with LuaTeX.

Missing \textquotedbl is clearly a bug as this is the standard way to get
straight double quotes with fonts supporting the "TeX ligatures".

Missing \textipa could be intentional -- maybe this is "outsourced" to a
Luatex package (for XeTeX, \textipa support is in xunicode.sty).

>>     Problems with Spanish Babel and Xe/LuaTeX with 8-bit fonts lead to new
>> errors
>>     in some cases.

> Did you by chance file a bug report? If so, we should link to it in the
> invertedTests comments.

No, I did not even find out where to report...
So, if you want to take aktion I would be glad.

Anyway, the Babel-bug is low priority, as using Xe/LuaTeX with 8-bit
fonts is a rare cornercase. Also, the simple and obvious workaround is to
set the input encoding to utf8.

We could simply *ignore* all Russian, Ukrainean, and Spanish documents with
.*_texF because they produce either wrong output or fail.

In the long run, LyX should use utf8 as default inputenc for these languages.

Thanks,

Günter