Michael Schmitt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

| Lars wrote:
|
| > | I also would like to have a new release without NEW_INSETS so that we
| > | have a version as least as stable as 1.1.5fix2. Then we will be able
| > | to jump to the next step. The risk if we don't do that is that people
| > | just won't test new versions and wait until things seems better.
|
| Definitely! And they will be frustrated that they have migrated to 1.1.6!
|
| > And anyway it is too soon there are still several unresolved issues
| > with tabular.
| >
| > I will also clam that NEW_INSETS _now_ are in a better state than
| > tabular was at 1.1.6.
|
| And there are still many things to be done for tabulars.
|
| What do you think is a realistic time frame for the next release?

I want the mathed changes to stabialize (and work).
        - seems to be comming off nicely, but there are a lot of
          complex dependencies in the code and the low level mathed
          storage is a bit fragile yet.
        - don't expect new features in next release. (rather less, but
          some of the removed featues was only usable when usage was
          hardcoded...)

I would have preffered to get the NEW_INSETS in.
        - InsetCaption is not drawn correctly (help or altenative solution wanted)
        - lists for floats are not implemented. (help please)

If we could find a way to lessen the memory consumption by tabular...
        - make certain where the memory is used.

after this is done we would have to freeze and have some prereleases.

If we get help to fix the above, and several testers for both the cvs
(meanwhile) and for the prerelease after the freeze... I guess we
could have a new release one month (optimistic) after the freeze.

During the freeze period (at least in the beginning) changes to
frontends would be allowed.

        Lgb